Walks and Tours
Walks and Tours
Sightseeing walks and tours in and around Southampton offer visitors great opportunities to explore and make the most of a day or short break in the area. Join one of the many guided or self-guided walks and discover the history and culture of this magnificent city.
- Guided Walks. Southampton Tourist Guides Association arranges guided walks on a variety of themes.
- Self-guided walks. Explore all that Southampton has to offer, at your own pace.
- Southampton Old Town. Follow England's well-preserved, third longest stretch of medieval town walling and step back in time to find out more about Southampton's Old Town. Download map below.
- QE2 Mile. The QE2 Mile is the pedestrian route that runs through the heart of the city from the Cenotaph down to the waterfront at Town Quay. It links the city’s parks, new cultural quarter, shopping high street, old town and our waterfront. It is the most visited part of the city and has many historical features, the Cenotaph, Titanic memorial, Holy Rood church that was bombed in the war, and the famous Bargate stands at its centre. The QE2 mile is the economic heart of the city with more businesses along its route than anywhere else in Southampton. Download map below.
- Titanic Trail. The trail takes you around some of the memorials and locations associated with Titanic. Download map below.
- Curious about...Southampton walks. Take fabulous walks of discovery, and have fun finding answers to clues which tell you more, whilst reading our stories about the most interesting facts.
Other Ideas for Tours of the Area
The following local companies offer a variety of private guided tours, with specialised services for those wishing to travel in a little more comfort.
- Discover the South
- WestQuay Chauffeurs
- Southampton Chauffeur Hire
- New Forest Platinum Tours
- Lionheart Travel
Blue Funnel Cruises regularly run short cruises lasting between one and three hours. These are a perfect opportunity to explore the city’s quays and marinas and the River Hamble, and enjoy a spectacular view of Southampton and the busy coastline, from the water.