NHS Health Checks
NHS Health Checks
Aged 40 to 74? Book your free NHS Health Check today.
Aged between 40 and 74? The free NHS Health Check is your chance to get a free midlife MOT. Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, diabetes or kidney disease. The good news is that these conditions can often be prevented - even if you have a history of them in your family.
By attending the quick and easy check, we can assess your risk of developing these conditions and we'll then provide you with simple steps to help you reduce that risk and stay healthy in the future.
Why should I have an NHS Health Check?
As you get older, the risk of developing these conditions increases. Other factors can put you at a greater risk, these include:
- Being overweight
- Being physically inactive
- Not eating healthily
- Drinking too much alcohol
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
How do I get an NHS Health Check?
You can book a free NHS health check at one of the following local pharmacies:
44 St Mary's Road, St Mary's, Southampton, SO14 0BG
023 8039 9907
326 Hinler Road, Thornhill, Southampton SO19 6DF
023 8083 3269
What happens at the NHS Health Check?
- It takes approximately 20 minutes
- You will be asked some simple questions including your family history
- We will record your height, weight, age, sex and ethnicity
- We will take your blood pressure
- We will do a simple blood test to check your cholesterol
- We will ask a few simple lifestyle questions.
What happens after the NHS Health Check?
- You will be taken through your results and told what they mean
- We will discuss how we can support you to reduce your risks and maintain a healthy lifestyle
- You may be advised about other services to help you maintain a healthier lifestyle
- You may require additional tests and treatment or medication may be recommended.