The Day of Art – Southampton 2019, is a day of inspiration and community to celebrate the creative minds in our neighbourhoods. Local artists will showcase their masterpieces for all those eager for art and culture across multiple venues in Southampton City Centre.
By providing opportunities for artists and showcasing their talents, visitors to the city will be able to enjoy a diverse range of art and activities throughout the day. Families will be encouraged to take part in creative, artist-led drop-in sessions to draw, paint and make together. Immersive experiences, public displays, exhibitions, performances, workshops, activities and The Accessible Art Show’s auction
will enable everyone to interact with the Day of Art – Southampton 2019.
The Accessible Art Show – Hampshire,
will be one of the main exhibitions and highlights during the day. The exhibition is a free all-encompassing one-day art show, combining an art exhibition with a timed online auction. Up to 50 local artists will exhibit their unique one off pieces displaying up to 300 pieces of artwork, all artwork on display will be available to buy through our timed online auction platform. There will also be a Buy It Now (BIN) price, that will enable buyers to purchase the artwork immediately at a fixed price, as opposed to using the bidding process.
If you love art and love your city come along and enjoy both!
Southampton City Art Gallery
- will be hosting creative, artist-led drop-in sessions to draw and sketch together delivered by Artists from by Urban Sketch
- will also host a solo art exhibition Unexpected Stories by Juanrie Strydom (local artist/photographer) on the mezzanine, as well as hosting ‘The Umbrella Festive
John Hansard Gallery
- As well as their scheduled exhibitions, they will be will be holding their regular creative, artist-led drop-in sessions to draw and make together
- Submit and Screen. Submit your short film to City Eye and see it on the big screen. Contact City Eye direct (restrictions apply)
Solent Showcase Gallery
- As well as their scheduled exhibition, Solent Showcase will also be hosting creative, artist-led drop-in sessions
- will also be hosting creative, artist-led drop-in sessions where you can learn to create you very own zine. Delivered by Ioana Simion
The Accessible Artshow
- Showcasing up to 50 local Hampshire Artists and selling their masterpieces at the venue and through a timed online auction.
Art House Gallery Cafe
- also be hosting a day of drop-in poetry workshops upstairs in The Gallery; they take place at 11:15, 12:15 and 15:00 and each lasts for 15 minutes. The session are aimed at new writers, but more experienced verse-mongers are also welcome. The sessions will be run by poets Anita Foxall, Dave Hubble and Damian O’Vitch from the local collective Ghost River..
- As well as showcasing a solo art show exhibiting ceramic artwork, My Pottery will also be holding creative, artist-led drop-in sessions, making with clay. Please book direct with My Pottery.1 hour sessions limited to 10 people per session.11:00 – 12:00 / 13:00 – 14:00 / 15:00 – 16:00
- (Pop-Up Gallery) will be hosting the Keepers Art Collective in the Marlands Shopping Centre, 1st floor opposite My Pottery.
Perrys Art and Office Supplies
-As well as a great place to buy art supplies, Perrys art and office supplies will be hosting a solo exhibiting showcasing Bob Jackson’s artworks.
- are also the Framing Solutions Provider at The Accessible Art Show
- As part of the Day of Art, we are organising a Silent Dance. Unity 101.1FM will broadcast a 4 hour live radio show, where audiences can choose to tune in and listen to what the dancers are performing to.
All of ages welcome!